Happy New Year!
Welcome 2009! I cannot wait to see who will join our family this year :) It's all up in the air right now. We have decied to move on after putting Gladney on hold for 2 months. We waited & never heard word about the 1yr old boy :( We were assured through the grapvine that they still want us to adopt him, but all us adopting parents know, it's not official until it's official, and word of mouth isn't going to cut it! Without confirmation from the family we have decided to move on with Gladney! Now here is the kicker, we have been going back & forth b/t the state & the newborn program. We want a newborn, but also want to help a waiting child! Decisions! I am thinking at this moment that maybe we should do the newborn program & if we are blessed with a boy, then we could adopt a little girl from the state later on. Oh, but my mind could change again. I just have a big heart & don't put myself first. I feel guilty for longing for my child from birth for some reason, I can't explain it, but I WANT a baby. It hurts knowing I didn't get those firsts milestones with Daniel, but we have made our own also, I have tons of neutral, boy & girl baby clothes. A new nursery to put together with new neutral bedding. We were doing good until we recieved that phone call for the lil boy, now we're all confused again. At least my hubby is being supportive & being kinda flaky with me :) So this weeked we are going to sit down & weigh the pros & cons & HOPEFULLY have our final decision! Stay tuned- Blogger isn't let me download photos :(
3 comments:
Well pray on it and let us know what you decide!!!!! There is ALWAYS plenty of time for a newborn girl!!!
hugs,Leslie
I 100% understand about wanting a newborn!!!!! I had my heart set and made up...that's kind of the cool thing about adoption, you can choose. And don't feel quilty about it. God will give you the child/ren you are meant to have!!
I understand your feelings. I want to at least have the experience of a newborn once. Then, I am fine with adopting an older baby or toddler. They grow so quickly. It is truly a personal decision. Stay in prayer...everything will manifest.
Post a Comment