Thursday, November 20, 2008

Waiting for Miracle 2!

Two nights ago I recieved a phone call, and I haven't been the same since. It was 9:30pm the house was quiet, and I finally had to time to myself. Dallas was asleep because he didn't feel so good. Then the phone rang, it was my SIL Dawn, with a shocking question! Would we be interested in a 1yr old baby boy! WHAT? Yeah, His mother abandoned him & they can't find her. They want your contact info, do you want me to give it to them? Ok, wait back up. This doesn't happen. I told her we can't just take a baby 1yr old w/out parental rights being terminated into our home. Ofcourse we would love to have him, but only the right and legal way. It turns out she works with the friend of the family, and she would contact me with more information. We hang up, and I can't even think, watch TV, or comprehend the phone call I just recieved. So I wake my husband up. For one this disturbs me, I hate hearing about babies that need homes, and I can't do anything about it. I ache for the child, what kind of situation is this? My mind is everywhere! Ofcourse, now Dallas is wondering & wants to help this child too. So now we both can't sleep. The next morning I contact my SIL & she has more info. The baby is living with the Aunt of the BM & the parental rights have already been terminated & they have an attorney already. WHOA! Different and better situation for us to have a chance of adopting him. She gave me his name & he turned 1yr old Nov 16 :) Now we are on cloud nine, Are you serious? This kind of thing doesn't happen to us! So the Aunt has our contact info & now we are sitting & waiting for the phone to ring!
The waiting isn't any easier from the first time. Knowing he is out there now, trying to say if it's meant to be it will happen, it just doesn't help! I can't eat or sleep. I pace the house. My nerves are so bad I feel I can vomit at anytime! Dallas isn't any better, he wants this lil boy just as much as I do. He's calling me, asking any word yet? How can they drop a bomb like that, then no word. Ugggghhhhhh!!!! It's so hard to be patient. The phone rings & this feeling comes over your body every single time. If I can just not worry or focus sooo much on it, but how? I know every adopted parent, can't. It's out of our control, this was completely unexpected, but he is sooooo very loved already here in this house. We have alot love to give to another child, and I pray now that he is the one for us :)

3 comments:

Cory, Lisa, and Weredesh said...

Oh my gosh, Congratulations! I bet you are just beside yourself!

~ lisa

Anonymous said...

OMG what a great Thanksgiving you had!!! WOW!!! Im praying for you and Dallas!!!! Please God make this happen!

Keep me posted!
luv and kisses,leslie

Anonymous said...

here is my email address


wadi2u@yahoo.com