Thursday, July 7, 2011

The emotional scary 3 days!

On April 11, 2011 around 9pm I finally picked my phone up. I missed 8 calls, oops! So the Birthfather answered & all I heard was moaning & screaming. I literally said "Oh Sh*t" Grabbed my flip flops a bra, my tooth brush & out the door I went. I already had a hospital bag in the car. I had to swing by & pick her up on the way to the hospital & I swear if I got pulled over, that police man would have give me an escort! I finally reached her house & we carefully placed her screaming big swollen self in my car. Drove as fast as I could down Collins (main busy street in Arlington, Tx) I asked her if she thought she was down & ready to come out. She kept saying she had pressure & wanted to push.....HOLD UP! Not in my car, my adrenaline is pumping so fast! I am driving faster. So we get to the hospital I drive up to The Ob/triage & "tried" to get someone to help me. They just gave me a wheel chair the size of 2 cadillacs. I am thinking How in the heck am I going to get her in there, much less drive it. Well a nice gentleman was walking out & he offered to help & wheel her in while I parked the car! So many different scenarios the way this looks, the hospital thought this man just dropped her off & left her, & here walks me in a frantic, she points me in her way with a weird look on her face. That is I may have screamed I am having a baby & I need to get there with her! I am talking I was a HOT MESS! I get back there & I am given the paper work to check her in. Ok, this my Birthmother, I was freaked. I shouldn't "know" all this. Finally got her checked in, & she was just a 3cm! I am thinking we are crowning, lol! So we sat there awhile monitored her contractions & 2 hrs later they were like we are releasing you. They did an emergency ultrasound on Bella b/c her heart rate was low. She looked great. SO the Dr said since she wasn't progressing she should just go home. Ok, this is her 6th baby, they usually fly out at this time, so sending her home to labor, I didn't get. Well the Dr came in as we were getting ready to go & said she talked to C's on call Dr, so they wanted to induce her due to Bella's hear rate & not moving around much. So we both got excited & high fived it! I had to put every emotion I had out the window to focus on being her birth coach & support person. Team Bella is what I called us! So we got the free pass to L&D. They let us rest until 5:30 am. They were giving her contractions time to increase on their own, if not much improvement Pitocin at 5:30 & break her water at 7am. That was a long night, listening to her in discomfort & contracting. I wished it was me with Dallas by my side with Mom pacing & my whole family waiting. Instead it was just us Team Bella. I literally woke up to C sitting up her legs open & moaning. I was sooo confused, I just dozed for an hr maybe & I'm missing it. I finally came to & realized OHHH, her water after what I saw & heard it hit the floor. I know graphic, but this is me experiencing every moment of my child's labor I wasn't giving birth to. It's so surreal. So I got up got dressed, got her some ice chips, brushed her hair, gave her a tooth brush, and off I went to pick up Baby Daddy. By the time we were back she had her epidural & looked content. So all 3 of us watched the Blind Side (how ironic). I was beginning to get really nervous as she was progressing to a 6cm. I began running to the bathroom nauseas calling my support team in a bathroom stall freaking out. I was excited & so scared at the same time. What if she held her & that was it. My friend said slow down, you're there, you have traveled the hard times, and she is not keeping this baby. She has made that clear by her actions, I felt better then. I splashed my face & recomposed myself to return to Team Bella. Flashback a bit when we thought we lost her, I had lost my Bible my Grandmother, Martha had given to me. I found it, opened it & in the inscription said Year of Our Lord April 25. That was C's due date! I got immediate chills & knew I had to do whatever it took to make C see she belonged with us. Ok back to real time, I arrived in the room, and her nurse has to leave to go next door as they were complete & ready to push. A fill in nurse came in. She was awesome, and before we knew it C was an 8, but could easily go to 10 quick. So they call the Dr, start prepping the room & C is ready to push. They are telling her No! The Dr wasn't there. The nurse looked at me& asked if I would like to help deliver if I had to! Oh my! The Dr made it, we had to wait for a contraction, then she pushed once, there she was so small! I followed the baby taking pictures & the nurse that came in just for delivery had no idea I was Mom. So she was getting ready to hand her to C, when our nurse who delivered her stopped her with her hand & said "She's Mommy" Then she handed her to me, and said here ya Go Mommy. I was in awwwe, then I heard the other nurse say do you still need me Martha? I turned around looked at the name tag on her shirt, I know she said her name before, but I was in shock. Martha had delivered my baby, a fill in nurse by chance. That name isn't that common. So I believe my Grandmother sent her as a sign. I know it's crazy, I just cried & no one knew why other than meeting my daughter for the first time. It was more to me. I miss my Grandma everyday & she was very special to me.

To be continued

1 comment:

Just Julia said...

ok - so now I am bawling - love it!