Hello all!
I am happy to report we are finally Approved and Waiting to be MATCHED!! I turned in our profile to our case worker to approve. Next weekend I am driving down to my mother's in Oklahoma, she has a binding machine to print and bind our profile together! I can't believe we are finally here in Waiting mode. The time when every time you hear the phone ring, you wonder is it "the call!" I know it's early for us, but since we are approved a situation can arrise before our profiles are completed, and homestudy typed up. It's a long shot, but every phone call in the back of your mind, you're always wondering what the caller id is going to say once you look at it! I think it's instinct of knowing you're waiting for an important call, like waiting for the perfect job to call you after you applied! Our whole life together has been like this waiting for "phone calls" for jobs and children! Crazy! I remember "the call" for Daniel. When I saw our agency's name on the caller id, my knees went weak & my heart sank! Usually we communicate through email, so when you see the name & number it stops you in your tracks! I am excited to know that once again I am waiting for "that call." I do know the "Wait" will be easier with Little D running around!
Life with him is like a fairy tale now. Each day is like a dream. I can remember the days being childless, and longing for a child! A little over a year has passed, and we are a different kind of happy this year. Last year we happy to be parents, but in extreme survival mode! Each day was a struggle to make Daniel happy. He cried all day it seemed for months! He was grieving, and it took alot out of me to watch. I was sad that he was sad. We were in a day to day survival mode. He had extreme melt downs with head banging episodes! Awful to watch! He had night terrors, it broke my heart. We were bonding, but at a slow pace. It took time and patience, and redirection for episodes to dwindle down. Each day he learned to trust us more and more. Then one day, it was like a switch flipped in his head. He realized we weren't going anywhere & or leaving him. He opened up. All of sudden a new child was born! We are finally an adjusted happy family. I treasure the time we have together outside of the house. Just Daniel and I going shopping, to the park, and having play dates! He's so adjusted now, no more melt downs in public! It feels good to have all his love and trust. Now I feel like I'm living a dream. I had that moment tonight at the fire station. We had a family night with the wives and kiddos. The guys cooked for us & baked a cake :) Well when Daniel & I arrived they were out on a fire! Just the other wives minus one hanging with the precious children. The guys came back all dirty & smokey smelling. They got all cleaned up & we ate dinner. When I left, I realized just a little over a year ago, I wanted to be that firefighter wife with our child visiting Daddy at his permanent station. My husband was a Swing man for about 3 years. It was very difficult to keep up with where or what he was doing on his work days. So visiting him didn't happen too often, unless he was close to our side of town. Which happens to be the station now where he is permanent at. I love that Station & all the wives & kiddos. We have fun together, and everyone loves to hang & have a good time :) Dallas became permanent there back in September. Having him down the road is easier than across town. We are blessed to be Daniel's parents, and Dallas to be with the best fire department ever. I know he is planning on studying to take the Engineers exam in the future. He didn't want to take it this time around on top of the Adoption process! One stress at a time :). His job gives me the opportunity to be a Stay at Home Mom! I had two dreams in life to be a Mom & work with dolphins. One has come true, and I am so happy in my life with my little growing family. Life couldn't be better, and I thank God everyday for my blessings.
3 comments:
yeah!!!!!!! I can't wait to see your pofile, and YES, wondering if it's "the call" every time the phone rings...it brings back memories of when we were waiting for Aliya. I pray you get the call sooner than later!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your little Aliya!
Ali,
Congrats!!! The excitement begins! I hope you hear something soon. Love hearing about your family; Daniel sounds like he's doing wonderfully! And he's awfully cute, too!
Jenny
ps. my court date is tomorrow!!
Hi Ali, I'm new to your blog by way of another adoption blog. We are also a transracial family so I love connecting with others who are on the same journey. You have a beautiful family & I look forward to following your story. Stop by anytime for a visit. I actually just recently blogged about our "call" which was a little over a year ago!! It's so neat to hear someone go through the same emotions waiting for "the call"
Post a Comment