Thursday, April 30, 2009

Waiting to be Matched Again

I have been waiting to update, I honestly didn't want to write this one. I have been through an emotional roller coaster the past 2 weeks. The bottom line is she decided to parent. So there you have it... I am ok, I have been through the ringer. She was being wishy washy after we spoke to her on the phone. She wanted us to agree to certain demands we weren't comfortable with. Such as over night visits!!! She basically changed her mind once she realized we weren't going to let her be Mommy while we raised her son. She wanted to still be called Mom! We gave her a written agreement of 4 visits a year in a public place, 2 phone calls/emails a month. That wasn't enough for her. We would love an open adoption, but not with this Mother, she wasn't the right match to do that with. Not to mention she lived 2 miles from us. So we weren't comfortable with this match being so open. I know how difficult it would be to give up a child, b/c losing one you have already bonded with through photos is heart breaking enough. I threw the photos away, deleted the emails, & said my goodbyes to his sweet face. It wasn't meant to be & I know that. I will continue to pray for him & her. So life goes on & we are waitng to be matched again! I am sooooo ready to move on.

4 comments:

Gracie's Mom said...

Oh Bless your heart, I can only imagine how heartbreaking this must be. Sounds like you dodged a bullet with this one though. She definately would have been a problem I think. I'll be praying the right match is made quickly.

Kelly said...

((hugs))

Jennifer said...

That was truly heartbreaking, even though it probably worked out for the best as the mother probably would have posed a considerable problem for years. I only hope and pray the baby does well and the mother can truly mother.
There is the perfect baby waiting for you; one who, like Daniel, you cannot imagine living life without.

Sweet Patience said...

Sorry for your experience. I know that it was a tough process for you to go through. Wow, the birthmnother seemed as though she had some extra ordinary requests that go beyond openness. When the right baby and birthmother is presented, you will know that it is Godsent because things will be how it is supposed to be.
We will be praying for you guys too. I feel your frustration.