Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Annivesary to us!






Wow! 7 years ago I was rushing around getting dressed, people in & out of my bridal changing area! I remember almost wanting to pass out & run! I have never been so nervous. Then when I saw him standing there just as nervous,I was better. Ever since we met 9 years ago, we have been like peas & carrots! Everyone always tells us the same thing, that we are just alike! It all began at a little place called Cedar Valley College in the Veterinary Technology Building. I was taking a night class & there walked in Dallas LATE! He caught my attention, lol! He was a hottie, but I was there to learn. I was soooo done with guys at this point, that I just wanted to focus on school. I remember we were getting ready for our first lab & everyone was pairing up. I just really wanted him as my lab partner, so I snatched him up! I know right, learn Ali learn! We just hit it off & he made me laugh! We made each other laugh! Plus it helped that he was soooo hot in his scrubs! Ofcourse he said the same thing about me! (Which I didn't think so, just same color blue everyday!) From then on we remained lab partners, then one thing led to another & we were tail gating outside in the parking lot for like an hour everyday after class. About 10 pm we would split & wonder where each one was going, lol! See we thought just alike! Then FINALLY after almost 2 months of flirting! He walked up in lab while I was scrubbing surgical instruments, I think we had just done a dog or cat spay lab, and asked me if I wanted to hang out over Spring Break. Our first date we partied on Lower Greenville Ave in Dallas, then went to his apartment. Tisk Tisk Ali! We will skip some awesome details, and the next morning we went to breakfast, Dallas World Aquarium, & Spaghetti Warehouse. Now see everyhting felt right, it was like a movie. We had been building up this relationship that just blew up over one date! From then on we had a schedule of school nights we stayed together. So that was 2 nights a week & on the weekends. Then after a few months it didn't take long that we worked around each others schedules & took turns commuting our hours distance. We were living with each other 24/7! He became my study partner, my bestfriend, & my lover! Who could ask for more!!! Well he did! Just 8 months without a ring, he just blurted it out! Marry Me! So surreal, what did I do to deserve him! From that day one we have been each others rocks. He has been through sooo much with me! I gained a new family ofcourse too. But my Mother in Law Dotti has been my rock too & now I know why Dallas is the way he is! She has been there through everything, every tear I shed & Dallas had no clue what to say about my struggle with infertility. He is a man what can I say? He hugged me & assured me that Adoption would be just fine. He admitted biological children would be nice to know what they would look like, but whatever we decided he would love. So from after getting married we moved began our career at the University of Georgia working in the Samll Animal ICU. I loved Georgia & actually feel home sick at times from there! I loved spending time with my new mother in law & Dallas' grandmother, we had some great times. Then Dallas &I began both getting home sick from Texas, because our family was expanding! We had 2 nephews & a niece on the way. So we moved back to our native land. We both began working full time as at Vet Techs. He then began his Firefighting career planning & education as well. We had a plan for our family that we weren't sure how were going to build, but we knew we had to get in gear financially. Finally after 2 years of us working & his EMT & FIRE ACADEMY, he began applying & testing for departments. Didn't take long & Fort Worth snatched him up! All during this I had been researching Adoption & even IVF with a surrogate, but we both thought ut was too scientific for us when their were children that needed to be adopted! Still researching we put our hose on the market & move back to where I was from. We were narrowing our adoption choice to International & really liked the South Korea Program. Ok lets get moved & Dallas through another Fire Academy this one getting paid for :) Still doing my research we were concluding that International Adoption was so expensive & went to a Orientation with an agency in Dallas for Domestic Adoption. Before we knew it Dallas was done with the Academy & "the official Adoption process began" We went through a roller coaster ride of emotions before our first born came home at 20 months old. Then so on! Now we are a crazy family of 4 that jumped through crazy hoops to get to where we are now. Our life is awesome & I can't wait to see the next few years with these crazy children we have! Gotta go Joseph is making my life a messy right now by having a party in his pants! The joys of motherhood! I love you Dallas, Thank you for everything!

I wrote this inbetween sleep & feeding the baby breakfast so please forgive me on how awful it may be!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Dallas & Ali. You're an awesome daughter in law. I'm so thankful I've been there for you. Isn't it amazing how I was adopted and you and Dallas adopted...I think there was a divine plan there. :) Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Happy Annivesary!!!!
It was so sweet how you guys met and fell in love! Me and jason met at school too, I was ignoring him and he was persistent lol, enjoy your day!!!!

Gracie's Mom said...

Such a sweet story. Happy
Anniversary!