What a day! I arrived at the ob/gyn's office in an uplifting mood. I know what you're thinking readers, who arrives there in a Oh so happy mood, but it was another step out of the way, Right. I had both my medical forms, one for the agency & one for the dossier-the one that requires the notary. Little did I know I would turn out to be the biggest incoveinence my nurse has ever encountered. And she wasn't afraid to tell me so.
I also brought along a copy of my infertility diagnosis. She began with the normal questions, but in a very disgusted to be at work kind of mood. When she got down to the any pregnancies question, I finally said to her, do you look at the chart b4 you walk in a room. Never mind that I filled out the new patient forms and check off infertile, plus gave her my report in the file. This aggravates me when they do not bother to read your chart, like they are robots just asking the assembly of questions. She glances at the report then doesn't say another word and takes my blood pressure. I tried to hand her the adoption paper work so the Dr could be informed of what she is walking into. Nope you just hold on to that, I also tried at the front desk & on the phone stating what I needed done there when I made the appt. They refused to put it on the books & said they will put down concerns? WHAT?...... Anyways, so the Dr comes in the sweetest Dr., Read my report b4 she came in & thanked me for bringing it in, b/c my diagnosis is rare. She saw that I had a child, and asked if I adopted. Making me feel better now. I said yes, she said tell me about him, so I did. Very caring Dr. Asked about my pediatrician & so forth. I told her that we are in another process for an international adoption. "Oh wonderful" she says. Then I had to bring up the paper work and blood work. B/c noone else informed her, Plus the notary. She said let me find out how to get this notairzed for you, very nicely willing to accomodate for our adoption. Well she gave the assignment to Miss Personality to find her a notary for when the blood work comes back. I could hear her calling around outside the door. Grunting & Sighing. She comes back in & tells me "Here is your lab form" You need to go get blood work (Thanks, I didn't know that) We can't notarize this until the blood work comes in. " DUH!!! I told her I knew that. Then she proceeds griping me out for not telling them in advance I needed this done, because it just makes everything so difficult. I apologized and thanked her. But why?
While I was waiting to see the Dr for 45 minutes, I looked at all the lil babies on the wall that the Dr had delivered. I hear a heart beat on an ultrasound in the next exam room. I am already different in this office, I feel so out casted, but this nurse made me feel totally awful. I left the office in tears & the Dr saw me & told me not to worry that she will take the form to the hospital to get it notarized when the blood work comes back. I thanked her & apologized.
But why do I apologize, Thank them yes for the inconveinence, but why should I apologize that God made me infertile. That this is what has to be done to fulfill our dream of becoming a bigger family, and bring our daughter home. Would I apologize if my water broke, and was about to give birth. .... To who would of thought that one simple form could cause so much drama in this nurses day. She isn't the one to even have it notoraized it's the Dr. Which she is more than willing to step out of her way to do so. Because that's her job no matter what to help people have a family, Right. I left in tears calling my husband about the experience, then called my MIL b/c my hubby doesn't know what to say to me. It's not the fact that I am infertile, I have accepted that, it was the rudeness that I'm not the typical patient with a growing belly, but with a growing heart. I felt discriminated against for being indifferent and a being a BIG inconveinence. But at the end the day the nurse doesn't matter, I will walk across fire to bring my daughter home. She is worth it! Every child is!
4 comments:
Yep this is the roller coaster ride called adoption!!! I think i told you about it!!! I had soooo many people who were soo helpful and a few Aholes here and there and man did they piss me off!!! The wonderful thing is now Abby is here and it was worth EVERY rude comment...
You will find alot of "professionals" who think that the world revolves around them and just keep on them until they get it done...I had to get on my Dr 4 times until HE and his staff did my medical report right...DUHHHH
Much love and kissses from someone who has been there and done that!
Leslie
Oh man, I got madder and madder the more I read your post! I probably would have mentioned something to the doctor, as that's so uncalled for. When people act like that I try to think to myself that they could possibly have a lot of stress going on in their life (financial problems, marriage problems, etc.), who knows? Something that makes them so miserable. But it's still unprofessional regardless. Blow her off. Take deep breaths. As you already know, these little obstacles are so miniscule when you consider the bigger picture! It's so worth it!
~ Lisa
I totally understand how you feel. You try to be organized and you have everything in order and ready to go and no one cooperates! But your doctor sounds awesome; he may need some input about his staffing problems.
I feel the same way you did in the ob/gyn office; I've thought, "if I see one more "Baby" or "American Baby" magazine I will scream! Please someone just give me a "People"!!
I hope your weekend is great!
LOOK where is some updates on your adoption!!! DANIEL??? I miss ya!
Luv,Leslie
Post a Comment