Friday, August 15, 2008

Time Flies















Look how much he has changed! The first two were taken 2 wks ago and the last one in a onesie, when he first came home.



My little Daniel has been home 6 months now!!! I remember his little chubby legs and face when he first came home. He had just began walking one month before he came to us. He was still wobbly & oh so baby like.

WHAT HAPPENED! He doesn't have anymore baby fat & his face is like a little boys now! Now I can't even catch him . He ran off from me the other day at the store, for the first time! I was brave, because all I needed was 2 items so I didn't get a cart. I let go of his hand for a split second, which usually he is glued to my leg in public when I do that. And POOF! He was off down the aisle. Yikes, I never ran so fast! That scared this little Momma! I guess that means he is becoming more secure :) And no more braving it w/out a basket.

That little precious baby of mine tells me NO now! Oh No! I have completely lost my little baby. I didn't have enough time with him during his last infancy months. Please lets rewind back. Lol! He is turning into your typical toddler, and I do love to see him blossom. He counts to 9, but leaves out number 3. He is obessesed with numbers and letters in the bath tub.

On to more education and more time for Mommy. Yes my little boy is beginning Mothers Day Out Aug 26. This is so difficult for me to accept. It will be very hard leaving him. After all ,I am a first time Mommy who has only had her baby for 6 months. I know it's only 2 days a week, but still! We haven't been apart since day one! Which confirms he is growing up too soon! everyday I look at him, and still can't believe I am his Mommy. He is so adorable. I know every mother thinks that away about her kids, but I couldn't picture any other boy as my child :) God couldn't of matched us more perfectly. I have an idea of what my baby girl is going to look like, and when I look at Daniel, I can see her in a way. If that makes since. Big beautiful brown eyes with beautiful brown skin. I can't wait to meet her, and Daniel to be a big brother! That's all for now!








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww your baby is growing up! Time is flying by!!!! One day we will be at Daniel and Abbys weddding!! LOL
I cant wait till you bring another little one into your lives!!! I have sooo much little girl clothes for you! LOL

Nikki said...

Hi Ali,

So nice to "meet" you! We feel like we are still so new to the adoption process. After reading lots of blogs of families who have adopted or are further along, it is very fun to know someone close to our same timeline. Daniel is very handsome! So far we are extemely happy with Gladney. We are waiting on our homestudy report and then we should be officially approved. We, too, felt that maybe we should start with a domestic adoption or become foster parents because of the needs we were aware of in our own country. Through a strange twist of events we felt called to Ethiopia, which I believe was God's plan the whole time!

Nikki said...

I think it took about a week or 10 days to receive the application. Tonia walked us through important parts and also told us the few documents that we needed for the appication that would also be needed for the dossier. That was helpful. My doctor told us that we could get our four required blood tests done at the Blood Institute rather than through the doctor's office...much cheaper! I called the nearest Blood Institute (blood donor center) and they said they could do it easily. I also checked with our county health department and they were only able to complete three of the four required tests.

Nikki said...

Woo Hoo! So glad your application arrived!

Jennifer said...

He sure has grown from his first pictures; he is not only gorgeous but also seems like he may have a future in fire fighting judging from the new pictures!
Thank you for your kind and encouraging comments on my blog. I have calmed down a bit and am not wound up quite so tight today. I will check out "cafemoms" next; and i do also follow Kerri's blog and know she had a great experience with WACAP adopting Medina.
I have heard good things about Gladney; unfortunately they are no longer accepting singles from what I've heard on the yahoo groups.
I wish you well as you leave your baby for the first time; know how secure and loved he must feel now! You are moving so quickly on your time line! Maybe you and I will have our little girls around the same time!!! Wonder what Daniel will think of a little sister?

Jenny

Gracie's Mom said...

I know just how you feel. It's great to see them growing and passing various milestones but you also want to say wait stay my baby always!! Congrats on getting your paper chase officially underway. I pray it goes quickly.